12.22.2011

My Top 10 Movies of 2011

This list was a little harder to put together only because films are my first love and I'm way more judgmental when it comes to them. Also, keep in mind there are still a few movies I need to see (The Artist, Hugo, Pariah, A Separation) so I might have some "Honorable Mentions" I'll be posting about later ;)

10. Drive
Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn
(Wish there was just a little bit more character development, but the soundtrack alone is what really drives this movie.)

9. Hanna
Directed by Joe Wright
(I love Joe Wright. He's like the king of tracking shots and there's a great one in this movie with Eric Bana. Saoirse Ronan is a beast and Cate Blanchett was fierce and creepy at the same time.)


8. Horrible Bosses
Directed by Seth Gordon
(I have such a soft spot for Jason Sudeikis after working with him on the 2011 MTV Movie Awards so I had to see this movie. And it was f*cking hilarious! SO underrated!)

7. X-Men: First Class
Directed by Matthew Vaughn
(This is how a comic book movie is done...great story + great performances...can't go wrong.)

6. Moneyball
Directed by Bennett Miller
(Never have I ever cared so much about a baseball game.)

5. Bridesmaids
Directed by Paul Feig
(Three words...Kristen, Maya, Melissa...done.)

4. Super 8
Directed by J.J. Abrams
(Thank you J.J. Abrams for reminding me why I want to make movies.)

3. Attack the Block
Directed by Joe Cornish
(When Spike Lee raves about a movie, you kinda have to see it...and now I see why. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun watching a movie. I was scared out of my mind but laughing uncontrollably at the same time.  The best tag line ever: "Inner City vs. Outer Space")

2. Midnight In Paris
Directed by Woody Allen
(I mean, I'm pretty sure I've raved enough about this movie...Destination Paris!)

1. WARRIOR

Directed by Gavin O'Connor
(No words...period.)


***Honorable Mentions***
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Crazy Stupid Love
My Week With Marilyn
The Help

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes I love this list except for Bridesmaids. Don't kill me, but I kind of hated that movie.

    ReplyDelete