1.29.2012

If you like Lana Del Rey then you"ll love...

Nicole Atkins.

Don't get me wrong, I totally dig Ms. Del Rey, I buzzed about her back in November (Get Familiar: Lana Del Rey) however with all this new hype around her debut album dropping this Tuesday, there's talk that she might disappoint. So I thought I'd recommend an equally, though in my opinion better artist for you to enjoy just in case Ms. Lana doesn't hold up.











Back in my CBS life (I was a page...yes, like Kenneth from 30 Rock) I had the pleasure of seeing Nicole live on Craig Ferguson...she was amazing! I was instantly a fan. She, like Lana, has a very spooky folk sound, reminiscent of Nancy Sinatra. However, unlike Lana, she's actually good live. Her debut album "Neptune City" which came out back in 2007, is classic. Give her a listen if you haven't already.

2 comments: