1.19.2012

Hidden Gems: UK Edition

I love when I dust off my music shelf and find CDs I haven't played in awhile. I forget how brilliant these two albums were. And both of these artist hail from across the pond.

Duffy "Rockferry"
In 2008 the music world was blessed with an Icon in the making, Ms. Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, who debuted her first album 19.  But also in that same year another Brit named Duffy debuted her first album "Rockferry" which she too was nominated for a "Best New Artist" Grammy. Unfortunately for her that award went to Ms. Adele BUT her album is just as brilliant!!





Daniel Merriweather "Love & War"
I first heard Daniel on a song he did with Mark Ronson called "Stop Me" after that, I was hooked. He has such a retro soul voice but with a dash of swag.


No comments:

Post a Comment