9.05.2011

Top Movies I MUST See This Fall

Summer, you were good to me this year. We laughed, we cried, you gave me a shirtless Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling in Captain America and Crazy, Stupid, Love. (respectfully) and I thank you for that (also can't forget about these Best Summer In Years, & Destination Paris) but now it's time to get serious. With Fall, there's no joking around...award season is right around the corner!

Here's a batch a films on my "must-see" list: (in order of release)


Contagion
Director: Steven Soderberg

Stars: Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet

Why I'm excited: Well for one, the cast is superb and I love Steven Soderberg. But let's be honest, I'm a little scared to see this one. A movie about a virus that spreads and wipes out millions of people worldwide scares the shit out of me. Everybody's gonna be taking a shower after they see this movie.

(Sept 9)










Drive
Director:  Nicholas Winding Refn

Stars: Ryan Gosling, Christina Hendricks, Carey Mulligan, Ron Perlman, Albert Brooks and Bryan Cranston

Why I'm excited: A little side note about this movie, I was working on a commercial that was filming in the same building they were shooting a scene for this movie but I never got to see Mr. Gosling...bummer. 


(Sept 16)





Moneyball
Director: Bennett Miller

Stars: Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Robin Wright and Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Why I'm excited: I actually like baseball movies (duh, The Sandlot) But ironically enough I never watch professional baseball games. Based on Michael Lewis' 2003 non-ficiton book, the movie follows Oakland A's general team manager Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) as he struggles to reinvent his cash-starved team in the early 2000s by rejecting some of baseball's most fundamental assumptions.


(Sept 23)




50/50
Director: Jonathan Levine

Stars: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick and Bryce Dallas Howard

Why I'm excited: You already know...Check it!



(Sept 30)










The Ides of March
Director: George Clooney

Stars: Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti

Why I'm excited: Although this poster semi-freaks me out a bit, I'm a sucker for a good political drama...and plus, you could never have too much Ryan Gosling :)


(Oct 7)







Like Crazy
Director:  Drake Doremus

Stars: Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones and Jennifer Lawrence

Why I'm excited: This little indie darling won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance this year so I'm hoping it holds up to the hype. It seems like a sweet love story but I think it's going to break my heart.


(Oct 28)








J. Edgar
Director: Clint Eastwood

Stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Armie Hammer and Naomi Watts

Why I'm excited: Although I would love to see Mr. DiCaprio finally do a comedic role, I understand that he's got his eyes on that Oscar and it's looking like this might be his year.


(Nov 9)

Hugo
Director: Martin Scorsese

Stars: Asa Butterfield, Chloe Grace Moretz, Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen

Why I'm excited: Martin Scoreses + family adventure style film = a MUST see. This is history in the making!



(Nov 23)






Young Adult
Director: Jason Reitman

Stars: Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson and J.K. Simmons

Why I'm excited: The "Juno" duo is back! and they brought along the amazing Charlize Theron...this better be good.


(Dec 16)









The Iron Lady
Director: Phyllida Lloyd

Stars: Meryl Streep and Jim Broadbent

Why I'm excited: ummm, it's Meryl Streep...enough said.



(Dec 16)


No comments:

Post a Comment