9.21.2011

Review Spotlight: DRIVE (plus my new favorite song)

My fall movie experience is off to a decent start. First on my list was DRIVE, starring the ever-so-talented Mr. Ryan Gosling, directed by Mr. Nicholas Winding Refn. In terms of story, I definitely would have liked to seen a little more development/back story from Ryan's character Driver....but I accepted it because it worked well with the whole mysterious vibe of the movie. I thought the first 10 mins were shot amazingly and had absolutely no dialogue...it definitely sets you up for the ride your about to take.

However, I must say what really made me appreciate this film was it's dark Euro-Noir 80's esque vibe...which I LOVED! Compliments to Refn for creating this ultra cool slick world surrounded by a sick ass soundtrack. Also, it was really refreshing to see a movie that takes place in LA actually shot in LA. I could point out just about ever location. Made my proud to be from the City of Angels!


"A Real Hero"

No comments:

Post a Comment