8.03.2012

New Music Obsession: CHILDISH GAMBINO

"Realist motherf*cker in the game like Tron." ... enough said.


Call him what you want...Childish Gambino, Donald Glover, Troy Barnes (if you're a fan of Community) whatever. All I know is that I'm calling him the sh*t...period.

Quick back story for those of you who aren't too familiar with Mr. Gambino. He got his start as a writer on 30 Rock (Tina Fey is his homegirl) he's apart of the sketch group Derrick Comedy, and he stars on the hit cult show Community. I mean, he's kind of a big deal.

He droped his first record as Childish Gambino back in 2008 then followed it up with 2 mixtapes in 2010 (I Am Just a Rapper and I am Just a Rapper 2) Then finally in 2011 he made it legit, releasing Camp, his official debut.

His word play is ridic!

"These black kids want somethin' new, I swear it,
somethin' they wanna say but couldn't cause they embarrassed."


I'm obsessed with this video..."Heartbeat"


Obsessed with this album.


and this mixtape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment