6.11.2012

Summer Lovin' (My Summer Movie List)

The wait is over...

The top movies I'm seeing this summer (in order of release):

Moonrise Kingdom


Director: Wes Anderson


Stars: Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, Francis McDormand

Why I'm excited: To me, Wes Anderson is this generations' Woody Allen. They're consistent with their story telling, instantly recognizable by their style and they never seem to disappoint.


Prometheus

Director: Ridley Scott

Stars: Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce

Why I'm excited: I actually don't know why I wanna see this movie because I know I'm going to be scared out of my mind, but...whatever.

Brave


Director: Mark Andrews

Stars: Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson,  Julie Walters, Craig Ferguson

Why I'm excited: It's Pixar...enough said. PS. With characters like Katniss from The Hunger Games, Hawkeye from The Avengers and now this little girl, I'm thinking I might wanna try some Archery



To Rome With Love

Director: Woody Allen

Stars: Woody Allen, Penelope Cruz, Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Alec Baldwin, Judy Davis, Alison Pill

Why I'm excited: The minute I heard Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Allen we're teaming up,  I thought this is a match made in Jewish-Neurotic Heaven.


Magic Mike

Director: Steven Soderberg

Stars: Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Alex Pettyfer, Joe Manganiello, Matthew McConaughey

Why I'm excited: Let's be real, no one will be going to see this movie for the story line...I'm just saying.



Take This Waltz

Director: Sarah Polley

Stars: Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby, Sarah Silverman

Why I'm excited: I always like to support my fellow female directors (since there's so few of us around) and the story looks really sweet.


Savages


Director: Oliver Stone

Stars: Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson, Blake Lively, Salma Hayek, John Travolta

Why I'm excited: It's Taylor's last chance this year to convince us he's more than just Tim Riggins. He's 0 for 2 so far...yikes! Also this film looks really dirty...I'm all about that ;)





Ted

Director: Seth MacFarlane

Stars:  Mila Kunis, Mark Wahlberg, Seth MacFarlane

Why I'm excited: I live for Family Guy so...





The Dark Knight Rises


Director: Christopher Nolan


Stars: Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman


Why I'm excited: Ummm... 








The Watch

Director: Akiva Schaffer

Stars: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, Richard Ayoade

Why I'm excited: Unfortunately, the timing for this movie is pretty bad, BUT I still have to see it for three words...Vaughn, Stiller and Hill



The Campaign


Director: Jay Roach


Stars: Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sudeikus


Why I'm excited: I'm hoping this will hold me over until Anchorman comes out next year.










Beasts of the Southern Wild

Director: Benh Zeitlin


Stars: Quvenzhane Wallis, Dwight Henry


Why I'm excited: Indie darling out of Sundance, this movie should be on everyone's must see list...watch the trailer: Beasts of the Southern Wild 



Red Hook Summer

Director: Spike Lee 

Stars: Nate Parker, Spike Lee,

Why I'm excited: This film got much attention at Sundance both good and bad. Some praising Lee for his return to indie roots and others not too sure. But I support Spike regardless, so...fingers crossed.



Sparkle

Director: Salim Akil

Stars: Whitney Houston, Jodin Sparks, Derek Luke, Mike Epps, Carmen Ejogo, Cee-Lo

Why I'm excited: It's Ms. Houston's last fair well :(


Lawless

Director: John Hillcoat

Stars: Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, Jessica Chastain, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman

Why I'm excited: You had me at Tom Hardy.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see all of these! Great list, Tiff (obviously). MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. NBD. I just want to see all of these movies...and WITH you :D

    ReplyDelete