2.21.2011

Director Spotlight: Guy Ritchie

I wanna take this time to shine the light on a man who's more than just Madonna's ex husband. Guy Ritchie is one of my favorite directors in terms of style.  When you watch a Guy Ritchie film you KNOW its a Guy Ritchie film, and that's what I love about him. He's consistent. His stories usually involve some sort of deal gone bad, with a group of sarcastic misfits.

I've recently watched RocknRolla which came out back in 2008 and I loved it! It stars Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton, Idris Elba, and Tom Hardy (pre Inception) It's an urban London, gangster drama filled with tons of gun shots,  fight scenes and that good ol' London "slang"...classic Ritchie style. Check it out...and remember..."It's a fuckin' Rock N Rolla!!" (you'll get it once you see the film)



Other Ritchie films to see...

"Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels" 1998 (definitely in my top 20 films of all time)

"Snatch" 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment